A residence permit is issued to foreign citizens who have temporary residence permit. In this case, the documents can be accepted for consideration after 8 months of residence on this status. At the same time, the residence permit will be issued no sooner than 12 months after obtaining a temporary residence permit.
Issuance of a residence permit without a temporary residence permit in a simplified manner is possible in the following cases:
- a foreign citizen was born on the territory of the RSFSR and was formerly a citizen of the USSR
- a foreign citizen has a parent (adoptive parent, foster parent, trustee), a son or daughter who are citizens of the Russian Federation and permanently residing in the Russian Federation
- a foreign citizen is recognized as a native speaker of the Russian language
- a foreign citizen who has successfully mastered a state-accredited full-time educational program of higher education in the Russian Federation and received a certificate of education and qualifications with honors;
- citizens of the Republic of Belarus in accordance with the intergovernmental agreement
- for highly qualified specialists (HQS) and their family members (spouses, children, parents, grandparents)
Starting from November 2019, the residence permit is issued indefinitely. The exception is a residence permit for highly qualified specialists. For this category of employees, a residence permit is issued for the duration of the work permit, i.e. for up to 3 years.
Since January 8, 2024, a foreign citizen who has a residence permit as a HQS, and has worked in this status for at least 2 years, can obtain an indefinite residence permit to himself and his family members. More information here.
The period of consideration of the residence permit is:
- 4 months from the date of receipt of the application under the normal procedure;
- 3 months from the date of acceptance of the application to the COP and his family members;
- 3 months from the date of acceptance of the application to citizens of the Republic of Belarus;
- 2 months from the date of acceptance of the application for.
From the moment of obtaining a residence permit, a foreign citizen is obliged to stay in the Russian Federation for at least 183 days in total during a calendar year, and annually submit notifications confirming residence. At the same time, he has almost all the rights of citizens of the Russian Federation, with the exception of the right to vote, and restrictions on military service. The advantages of this status include the right to work without a work permit in any region of the Russian Federation and visa-free entry to the Russian Federation for foreign citizens.
After obtaining a residence permit, a foreign citizen must:
- Register with the territorial Federal Migration Service within 7 working days after receiving a residence permit.
- Annually notify the territorial Federal Migration Service at the place of registration about the confirmation of their residence in the Russian Federation.
Our company provides services on all issues related to long-term residence in the Russian Federation, specifically:
- obtaining a quota for temporary residence permit
- registration of temporary residence permit
- registration of the status of the native speaker of the Russian language
- registration of all types of residence permit
- registration of citizenship of the Russian Federation
- registration of renunciation of citizenship of the Russian Federation