- Foreign nationals who stay in the Russian Federation temporarily must notify the territorial migration office within 7 working days from the day of arrival.
- All registration procedures are assigned to a host party.
To register a foreign national, irrespective of their age, should give the host party his/her documents (passport, visa, migration form).
Any individual person or legal entity (i.e. any Russian individual or organization) can act as a host party.
If the foreign national stays in a hotel, then the hotel must register this person.
The host party fills in the foreigner’s notification of arrival and within 7 working days from the day of arrival should bring a completed arrival notification directly to the territorial migration office or to the post office, which covers the area where the foreigner is going to stay.
If for some reason the host party can’t give the notification for registration, then the foreigner should bring this notification himself.
- The form is composed of two parts: the foreign national’s notification and a detachable part for the foreigner to keep.
- The territorial migration office or the post center that receives the arrival notification must check it for accuracy and initial the detachable part of the form as proof of acceptance. This acts as confirmation that the foreign national has met the registration requirements.
Notifications accepted at a post center are mailed to the territorial migration office to be registered in the state information system of migratory registration.
The detachable part of the initialed notification is handed to the foreign national.
- Deregistration of the foreign national is automatically made when he leaves the RF.