How long does it take to get a residence permit for HQS?
In accordance with the current legislation, it takes 3 months.
For how long a resident permit is issued?
A residence permit for HQS is issued for the duration of the work permit, i.e. up to 3 years.
Can HQS relatives get a residence permit?
Yes, HQS relatives (wife, children, parents, grandchildren, grandparents) can get a residence permit for the duration of the HQS work permit.
Is it possible to extend a residence permit?
Yes, such a residence permit can be extended or replaced when applying for a work permit for a new term.
Is it possible to make a residence permit for HQS indefinite?
Yes, from January 8, 2024, it is possible to apply for an indefinite residence permit for foreign citizens and their relatives if two conditions are met:
- A foreign citizen has a residence permit issued on the basis of a work permit for the HQS.
- A foreign citizen has been working as a HQS for at least 2 years and the employer has made all necessary payments and deductions to the budget of the Russian Federation.
What advantages a residence permit in the Russian Federation give to foreign citizens?
- it is possible to stay in the Russian Federation for the entire period of validity of the residence permit, freely enter and leave at any time
- make a registration at the place of residence for the entire period of validity of the residence permit
- work without obtaining a work permit on the entire territory of the Russian Federation
- ability to register an individual entrepreneur
- opportunity to receive a pension and maternal capital
- opportunity to obtain an obligatory medical insurance policy and receive treatment free of charge
- opportunity to study at Russian universities for free and receive a scholarship
- opportunity to get a loan from banks of the Russian Federation with a reduced rate
- ability to sell any assets in the Russian Federation (real estate, securities, etc.) even if the foreigner is a citizen of a state included in the list of countries unfriendly to the Russian Federation
- under certain conditions, it is possible to apply for citizenship of the Russian Federation
What are the responsibilities of a residence permit owner in the Russian Federation?
- to live in the Russian Federation for at least 183 days a year (there are exceptions)
- it is necessary to annually confirm your residence in the Russian Federation by submitting a corresponding notification to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation
Do I need to confirm my knowledge of the Russian language to apply for a residence permit?
No, it is not necessary to confirm knowledge of the Russian language when applying for a residence permit for HQS.
What is our assistance in obtaining a residence permit?
- consulting support at all stages of document preparation
- assistance in filling out forms and forming a complete package of documents
- providing information about the medical examination and support during the examination (if necessary)
- registration for the documents submission
- consultation on the procedure of registration at the place of residence after obtaining a residence permit.