According to the Administrative regulations, the process of obtaining Work Permits for qualified staff members from abroad for employment in Representative Offices or Branches of foreign firms follows a three-phase pattern:
- Advertising the vacancy at a Job Centre (JC) based on the company's legal address, for a period of 30 calendar days. This period is intended to allow the Job Centre to recommend candidates for the vacancy from the Russian workforce.
- On the expiry of this month, assuming a Russian candidate has not been found, the employer then receives the right to submit documents for hiring foreign staffers for the position (RPIRS). RPIRS gives information about the number of vacancies, the job descriptions, what period of employment and at what location the hiring company is entitled to hire staff. The turnaround period for setting up an RPIRS is 30 calendar days.
- Once the RPIRS has been set up, the company can submit documents for the individual work permit of a foreign national. The turnaround time for receiving such an individual work permit is one month.
The particular aspect of setting up these documents lies in the fact that when hiring staff for Representative Offices or Branch Offices it is required that a set of documents is created both for the Representative Office and similarly for the company's Head Office.
- Confirmation of the Company's INN. A notarised and stamped copy, in one example.
- Confirmation of inclusion in the register of accredited branches and representative offices of foreign legal entities. A notarised copy, in one example.
- Confirmation of the registration of the company's Head Office or a Proof Document from the state register of companies in the home country of the company, showing registration number, address and date of registration – a notarised official translation.
- The regulatory documents governing the representative office (a notarised official translation)
- A Power Of Attorney for the Head of the Representative Office (a notarised official translation)
- A letter from the State Statistics Commission. A notarised copy with the company seal attached.
- Details of the vacant post to be advertised – in an attachment (Details of the vacancy, in 3 copies)
- A request for confirmation of the feasibility of hiring and employing foreign staffers – in an attachment (Request) – in 2 copies.
- Power of Attorney of the Representative Office – in an attachment (JC Power of Attorney) – 2 copies.
* if the documents are signed by a person who is not the Head of the organisation, it is required to attach a copy of a document confirming the right of the signatory to sign such documents, with a legalised and stamped copy which is signed by the Head of the organisation.
- Listing of the employer, as registered at the UVM of the State Ministry of Domestic Affairs of Russia in Moscow (Listing for RPIRS) – 2 copies
- Confirmation of the company's INN number. Notarised and stamped copy, in 1 example.
- Confirmation of the listing in the Register of accredited branch offices and representative offices of foreign legal entities – a notarised copy, in 1 example.
- Confirmation of the registration of the Head Office of the company or a citation from the State Register of companies from the company's home country, stating the company registration number, address, and date of registration (a notarised translation).
- The regulatory document governing the Representative Office (a notarised translation).
- A Power of Attorney for the Head of the Representative Office (a notarised translation)
- The model of the Contract of Employment. This Contract of Employment must state the medical and social insurance details, the amount of the salary according to staffing details, details of the work timetable and agreed time off specified for the location of the employment (provision of services), and noted that the employer provides the employee with voluntary medical insurance. It is similarly required to leave space for document details. The Contract should be signed by the Head of the Branch Office or Representative Office and confirmed with a company seal. The Contract with the Head of the Branch Office or Representative Office must be signed by the head of the Head Office.
- An original payment instruction for payment of State Duty in the amount of 10,000 roubles per foreign employee, with the bank's blue stamp – details in the application (Details of the payment of State Duty).
- If the range of the company's activities is subject to compulsory licensing – a notarised copy of the Licence.
- A Power Of Attorney for the Representative Office, signed by the Head of the Representative Office or Branch Office, printed on the headed paper of the Representative Office, or signed by an authorised company officer* - in 4 copies.
* If the document is signed by a person who is not the Head of the organisation, then it is essential to provide a copy of a document which confirms the signing rights of the signatory, and signed by the Head of the organisation.
- Photograph (colour, matte finish, size 30 x 40 mm) – 1 copy
- A medical confirmation, in the established format, confirming the absence of communicable diseases: infecitons (AIDS, tuberculosis, Syphilis, Hansen's Disease), chlamydia, chancroid) and survey reports of a narcotics specialist. The confirmation must be valid for 3 months and is attached to the packet of documents for submission.
- An Application for the Setting Up of a personalised Work Permit at the UVM of the State Ministry of Domestic Affairs of Russia in Moscow – in an attachment (Application for Work Permit) – 2 copies.
- A copy of a document of professional education, qualifications obtain by the foreign applicant in their home country, or a document confirming the equivalence of such a document with a Russian diploma (attestation) of professional education – with an APOSTILLE and a notarised translation.
- The original of a Payment Confirmation for the payment of State Duty (3500 roubles per foreign employee) with the original stamp of the bank (Details of State Duty payment)
- A Letter of Guarantee (which must bear the company seal, and signature of the Head of the Representative Office, and of its Chief Accountant) as an attachment (Letter of Guarantee of the Representative Office) – in two copies.
- An individual confirmation of the issue of a Work Permit – in an attachment (Personal Confirmation) – in 1 copy
- The passport* of the foreign applicant – a copy, translated into Russian and legalised by a Notary – 1 copy.
* the validity period of the passport must be no less than 2 years from the moment of the issue of the Work Permit. The passport must contain at least two blank pages.
- If the foreign applicant already has an INN number – the original of the Confirmation of the INN Registration + a copy, or a notarised copy of the Confirmation of Issue of an INN Number.
- An IR form – in cases where the foreign applicant does not have an INN number (IR Form)
- An IG form – in cases where the foreign applicant does not an INN at the present moment (IG Form)
- A certificate confirming the foreign applicant's knowledge of the Russian language, knowledge of Russian history, and of the principles of Russian legislation
- A Voluntary Medical Insurance Policy document.
- The original of the Employment Contract + a copy.
The Employment Contract must state the medical and social insurance details, the amount of salary according to staffing details, the working schedule details and time off agreements, documented for the location of the workplace (or provision of services), and noted that the employer provides the employee with voluntary medical insurance coverage. It is similarly required that there be a place to record details in the contract. The contract must be signed by the Head of the Representative Office and stamped with the Company Seal.
The Contract with the Head of the Representative Office should be signed by the Head of the company's Head Office.
- A Power Of Attorney for the Head of the Representative Office, printed on the company's headed paper – in an attachment (Power Of Attorney for RPIRS and Work Permit) – 4 copies.